The Political Economy MA at King's College London is an innovative course designed to provide you with an understanding of the theory necessary to engage in the interdisciplinary analysis of political economy. The course will also equip you with essential research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
An interdisciplinary course utilising elements from the fields of politics, philosophy and economics.
Learn a wide range of theoretical approaches in political economy – both mainstream and heterodox.
Intensive study based on the relationship between institutional/empirical analysis and standards of ethical evaluation.
Located in the heart of London, the Department of Political Economy has a strong reputation for research-led teaching and links to industry.
Studying a degree with the Department of Political Economy equips students with certain skills required in the public and private sectors, and for work in civil organisations. A typical postgraduate student will gain strong theoretical and empirical skills for the analysis of complex economic and political phenomena. These skills are highly valued in fields such as finance, consultancy, law and the civil service.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Comparative Political Economy
- The Politics of Regulation
- Game Theory & Political Economy
- Institutions & Economic Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Political Science View 475 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
- In order to meet the academic entry requirements for this programme you should have a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree with a final mark of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme. If you are still studying you should be achieving an average of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago. In some cases, we may request an additional reference from you.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International24720 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24720 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fees: £6,690 per year
- Overseas fees: £12,360 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.