The curriculum provides a distinctive melding of professionally structured knowledge and the ethical imperatives of criminal justice in a constitutional democracy. Attention is centered on:
- Understanding the broadest nature of scientific inquiry and dissemination of social science knowledge pertaining to criminal justice;
- The ability to organize literature, think critically, and draw conclusions from conducting independent research into criminal justice topics. Understanding of police, courts, corrections, prosecution agencies, and the criminal-legal profession as integral components of the criminal justice system;
- Knowledge of research and research methodologies needed to understand and improve criminal justice and criminology; and
- Understanding of criminological theories for studying issues of crime and behavior.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Criminological Theory
- Research Methods
- Social Statistics
- Seminar in Criminal Law
- Foundations of Policing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCriminology View 164 other Masters in Criminology in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale)
- Score of at least 400 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or 300 on the combine verbal and analytical sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- An undergraduate statistics and undergraduate research methods course
- An oral interview with the program coordinator may be required
International725 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 725 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National725 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 725 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State320 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.