Students are involved both in thesis research and course work in their "home" discipline, and in interdisciplinary study. They carry out coursework in the foundations and methods of quantitative modelling and participate in an interdisciplinary seminar. In this seminar the student discusses, in a way comprehensible to the audience, the system being modelled, the model developed, and the means of validation of the model; here the emphasis is upon the modelling process itself rather than on the relevance of the results to the discipline of the research. The Big Data Analytics Stream: Applied Modelling and Quantitative Methods program is offered by Trent University
Through this seminar the students develop the skills required to communicate with researchers outside their own discipline, and develop a perspective on their own and other disciplines not obtainable from within a single-discipline context.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Statistical Aspects of Modelling
- The Foundations of Modelling
- Mathematical Aspects of Modelling
- Computational Aspects of Modelling
- First Seminar on Applications of Modelling
- Second Seminar on Applications of Modelling
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 15 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Canada
- B.A. or B.Sc. honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree) in one of the traditional disciplines: Anthropology, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computing & Information Systems, Economics, Geography, Humanities, Mathematics, Physics & Astronomy, Philosophy, or Psychology
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
- A university course in differential and integral calculus, and one in probability and statistics or the equivalent
- Some familiarity with linear algebra, and be capable of programming at an elementary level in at least one computational language
International22066 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22066 CAD per year and a duration of 16 months.
National9051 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9051 CAD per year and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.