The Public Administration program from University of South Dakota is designed to prepare students with a strong theoretical background, as well as an experiential component to provide a practical experience for students to test out that theoretical knowledge. The program is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA).
Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduates of the MPA program will develop a communication and leadership strategy appropriate for interacting productively with a diverse array of stakeholders.
- Graduates of the MPA program will demonstrate the ability to propose a plan of action that is consistent with the public interest.
- Graduates of the MPA program will produce a professional and transparent budget that reflects the needs and preferences of an organization and its stakeholders.
- Graduates of the MPA program will identify the key personnel issues relevant to a particular case or scenario, and utilize best practices in addressing those issues from a public service perspective.
- Graduates of the MPA program will identify key organizational design issues relevant to a particular case or scenario, and utilize best practices in addressing those issues from a public service perspective.
- Graduates of the MPA program will critically assess and synthesize the various decision making tools and strategies utilized by public and non-profit organizations.
- Graduates of the MPA program will adequately consider the constitutional and legal implications for an organization and its stakeholders in the context of a particular case or scenario.
- Graduates of the MPA program will develop an appropriate assessment methodology for evaluating the effectiveness of a proposed plan of action.
- Graduates of the MPA program will adequately consider the ethical implications for an organization and its stakeholders in the context of a particular case or scenario.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Leadership Theory and Practice
- Analytic Techniques in Public Policy
- Seminar in Public Administration
- Budgetary and Fiscal Management
- Public Personnel Management
- Organization and Management
- Research Methods in Public Administration
- Professional Report
- Internship in Political Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Public Administration View 2521 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee: $35.00 U.S.D. The application fee cannot be waived and is nonrefundable.
- Official Transcripts: If transcripts are not originally provided by the institution in the English language, the indigenous language transcript should be submitted along with an English translation. The full English translation must include a certification from the translator verifying that the translation is complete and accurate and that they are qualified to translate the language to English.
- Official Admission Test Scores: If test scores are required by a graduate program, students may upload a copy of their score report to their GradCAS application. Full admission will require that an official score report is sent to USD directly from the testing body.
- Letters of Recommendation: Letters must be submitted directly by the recommenders through GradCAS.
- Statement of Purpose: Refer to program admission requirements for details.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Vermillion
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.