The Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry (AEC) is changing. If you’re interested in a career in Building Information Modelling/Management (BIM), which is becoming the industry standard for the design, building and management of modern structures, this course is for you.
With this MSc in Building Information Management course at University of Portsmouth , you can pursue careers in the architecture, engineering and construction industries, as well as higher education, the arts, conservation, and management.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your building information modelling and management skills to work in the industry.
Graduates typically go on to pursue careers in:
- engineering construction
- higher education
- the arts
- project management
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
This course is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (ICE, ICIHT, IHE and IStructE on behalf of the Engineering Council) meeting the requirements for further learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Candidates must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- BIM Theory and Practice
- Construction Contract Law
- Integrated BIM Projects and Corporate Management
- Modelling and Interoperability in the BIM Environment
- Strategic and General Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Make your application as soon as possible.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 277 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in a technical or analytical discipline (Architecture, Construction Management, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Civil, Surveying, Project Management). Exceptionally, applicants from non-technical/analytical disciplines but with proven and substantiated experience in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) fields will be considered.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part time : £3,000 in year 1and £6,000 in year 2
- Part time: £5,470 in year 1 and £10,930 in year 2
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.