A business engineer is an interdisciplinary manager who guides companies from a quantitative and managerial point of view. To this end, managerial and analytical skills are combined with a profound understanding of how business and (technological) innovation processes work.
The Master of Business Engineering at KU Leuven contains a number of required courses and a major and a minor of your choice. These allow you to deepen your knowledge in specific business domains. The Master’s Thesis is most often written in the domain of the chosen major, but you can also select a topic in the domain of Data Science and Business Analytics.
Graduates of this programme take up vital managerial and research positions in business, national and international institutions, and universities.
Business engineers usually start their careers in technical expert positions within interdisciplinary management teams, they are typically hired to optimise production processes, to develop quantitative models in financial institutions, or to market technological innovations. They also quickly move up to executive functions in various business domains in companies and organisations. Given the variety of skills acquired, they are highly sought after by a wide range of companies - from start-ups and small firms to multinational corporations - for various positions at home and abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Analysis
- Energy Technology and Energy Economy
- Management Control and Cost Management
- Philosophy and Ethics
- Applications of Statistics
- Applications of Operations Research
- Strategic Management
- Operations Strategy in Manufacturing and Services
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration General Engineering & Technology Business Information Systems View 53 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The Master of Business Engineering programme is intended for holders of
- - an academic Bachelor's degree from a recognized university with a strong quantitative and/or technological focus and with sufficient knowledge of economics and management science; or
- - an academic Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in (business) economics with a substantial quantitative and/or technological component.
- A decision on admissibility will be based on evidence of the applicant's acquired competences in primarily the following domains: economics and business (min. 36 ECTS); quantitative methods, technology and sciences (min. 45 ECTS credits) and ICT (including programming) (min. 6 ECTS credits). Applicants need to prove their competences in these fields by following the instructions provided on this website (document to be found under section "Assessment of a foreign degree")
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.