This intensive MA program in Public Policy at Central European University (CEU) prepares students for their future roles as policy-makers, advisors, and analysts in governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Through the courses included in the mandatory core curriculum, students will gain a detailed and systematic understanding of how policy-making processes are shaped and influenced by both actors and political institutions, and how public policies operate and interact from the global political economy through to national and local levels.
The principal learning goals of the one-year program are for students to achieve and demonstrate an advanced ability to:
- critically analyze policy issues and develop holistic perspectives on domestic and global governance issues;
- evaluate public policies and policy instruments using adequate qualitative and quantitative methods;
- design and participate in the delivery of public policies in various sectors and institutional settings; and
- undertake further studies in a self-directed and autonomous manner using reliable sources of information.
The program consists of a number of mandatory core courses in public policy analysis, economics, ethics, and methods. In addition to the mandatory core curriculum, students have the opportunity to develop thematic expertise by pursuing one of the following areas of specialization:
- Higher Education Policy
- Media and Communication
- Social Justice and Human Rights
Along with the theoretical foundations, the program also seeks to engage students in applied policy work where theoretical concepts can be applied in practice. To fulfill the practice component of the program, students can choose to participate in the Applied Policy Lab or complete an internship.
- Program approved and registered by the New York State Education Department
- Program registered as a non-degree post-graduate specialization program by the Hungarian Educational Authority (HEA)
- Program accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ-Austria)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Antitrust Policy Analysis
- Advanced Human Rights Law and Mechanisms for Public Policy Students
- Applied Regression Analysis for Public Policy
- Big Data for Public Policy
- Conflict Analysis
- Corporate Governance
- Data and Development
- Economic Analysis for Public Policy
- Economic Policy and Global Strategy
- Economics of Higher Education
- Elections and Democracy
- Ethics, Politics and Policy
- Law and Public Policy
- Policy Analysis
- Public Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Feb. 1: financial aid
- March 15: self-financing candidates requiring a study visa
- Aug. 16: self-financing candidates not requiring a study visa
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy View 4 other Masters in Public Administration in Austria
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application form: www.ceu.edu/apply
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree (social sciences preferred)
- Academic records
- Statement of purpose
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Generous scholarships are available to accepted students from any country.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
In pursuit of its mission, CEU strives to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world, offering generous scholarships available to students from any country.In 2018-2019, 82% of CEU students received financial aid, ranging from tuition awards to scholarships with stipends and housing. Learn more about how to fund your studies at www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.