Students in the Mining Engineering at the University of Alaska Fairbanks are prepared for job opportunities with mining and construction companies, consulting and research firms, equipment manufacturers, investment and commodity firms in the private sector, as well as with state and federal agencies.
- Mining engineers may aspire to, and achieve, the highest positions in the industry: operating or engineering management, government agency director or entrepreneur.
- Minimum Requirements for Mining Engineering M.S. Degree: 30-36
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Alaska is a resource state, and it's future is linked intricately to the development of it's vast land. Mining engineering and geological engineering are two important technical elements of development.
- These two disciplines, with high starting salaries (typically $70,000-$100,000) and job placement (typically 100%), are the main areas of emphasis in the Department of Mining and Geological Engineering.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Applicants should apply to a graduate degree program at least six to nine months before the beginning of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
DisciplinesGeology View 239 other Masters in Geology in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee. Applications submitted after the published deadlines are only accepted upon a department's request and have a $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Submit a statement of academic goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.1
International21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
National21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairbanks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.