The MPA is a two-year graduate program with evening classes (typically Mondays and Wednesdays from 6–8:30 p.m.) and occasional weekend seminars (each two-day, one-credit course is typically held Saturday 9–5 and Sunday 9–1), so there is no need for you to take time off from your job to earn your degree.
Learning Outcomes in Public Administration
The Master of Public Administration at the University of Massachusetts Boston fosters highly-competent, active, and ethical professionals with a:
- Holistic understanding of the political, social, technological, and economic factors that influence the development and implementation of public policies
- Firm knowledge of the range of methodologies appropriate to policy analysis and program evaluation
- Solid grounding in the skills required for planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating public sector programs
- Contribute to society as leaders, public administrators, policy analysts, and program evaluators in the governmental and nonprofit sectors to advance an efficient and effective public sector
- Serve the public good and promote the public value, social justice, and equity in local, regional, and national communities
- New England Economic Environment
- Public Management
- Policy Workshop
- New England Political Environment
- Analytical Skills
- Public Budgeting & Financial Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy Political Science View 388 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- Write a 300 word essay on your reasons for considering this UMass Boston MPA program in relation to your academic background, professional work experience, and career goals and a 1,200 word essay describing your personal qualities and development and how they have influenced your career choice.
- Submit official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Send your official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores. Previous scores less than five years old will be accepted.
- Please include three letters of recommendation. We prefer that one letter be from a former professor or individual who can address your intellectual aptitude for graduate study; others can be from a supervisor or other professional reference.
- Add a current résumé or CV noting your previous educational
- Don't forget the application fee: currently $60.00 for domestic applicants or $100.00 for international applicants
International36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
National36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State18894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9447 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Part time in-state: $787/credit
- Part time out-of-state: $1,537/credit
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.