Program strengths include quantitative science, fisheries management and human dimensions, biology and ecology, and seafood technology.
- Students in the Fisheries program at University of Alaska Fairbanks are typically based in Juneau, Fairbanks or Kodiak, but most courses are video-delivered to locations throughout Alaska.
- Traditionally, the Juneau location emphasizes the marine environment; Fairbanks, the freshwater; and Kodiak, seafood science. However, students at each location are engaged in a wide variety of research topics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- All locations have excellent laboratory facilities, access to pristine environments and healthy fisheries, and strong connections to state and federal agency scientists and managers as well as to participants in commercial, sport and subsistence fisheries.
- Most students are supported as research assistants for some or all of their tenure. Agencies such as the National Atmospheric and Oceanic Administration, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the Alaska Department of Fish and Game are collaborators on research projects and employ many of our graduates.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Applicants should apply to a graduate degree program at least six to nine months before the beginning of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
DisciplinesAquaculture & Fisheries View 66 other Masters in Aquaculture & Fisheries in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee. Applications submitted after the published deadlines are only accepted upon a department's request and have a $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Submit a statement of academic goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.1
International21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
National21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairbanks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.