The department of Computer Science at University of Massachusetts Boston offers programs in graduate studies leading to the degrees of Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). In addition to these programs, our department also offers a Graduate Certificate in Database Technology and participates in the Computational Sciences and Integrative Biosciences PhD programs.
All graduate courses are scheduled in the late afternoon and evening. The programs are open to full-time and part-time students as well as those who want to strengthen specific skills by taking single courses.
The MS program is designed to accommodate students with a wide range of backgrounds. Therefore, an undergraduate degree in any discipline will be considered. Each applicant's background in Computer Science and Mathematics will be assessed individually and requirements for making up deficiencies in the major will be determined at an initial interview.
- Theory of Computation
- Theory of Formal languages
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Logical Foundations in Computer Science
- Topics in Algorithm Theory and Design
- Mathematical Logic
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 208 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United States
- The MS program is designed to accommodate students with a wide range of backgrounds. In particular, the undergraduate degree need not be in computer science. Students may make up deficiencies by taking specific undergraduate courses. A typical set of such recommended courses includes:
- CS 110 (a sequence of introductory programming courses)
- CS 210 (a sequence of introductory programming courses)
- CS 240 Programming in C
- CS 310 Advanced Data Structures and Algorithms
- CS 320 Applied Discrete Mathematics
- Other undergraduate courses may be necessary, depending on the background and experience of the candidate.
- The program requires the GRE test
International36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 12 months.
National36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9447 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Part time in-state: $787/credit
- Part time out-of-state: $1,537/credit
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.