The Physics MSc program from San José State University helps students learn to formulate specific research questions, design and perform experiments and research that address these questions.
Graduates with Physics from San José State University will be able to:
- demonstrate a deep understanding of physics concepts by applying those concepts to research in physics.
- apply laboratory, modeling, computational and/or data analysis skills to their physics research.
- communicate scientific content and thinking effectively as evidenced by productive collaboration with peers, well-reasoned professionally formatted written research papers and visual and oral presentations of research topics.
- demonstrate an understanding of how work in physics influences technology, society and culture.
- Methods of research and communication in physics
- Graduate Optics Lab
- Advanced Dynamics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Methods in Mathematical Physics
- Quantum Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering Mathematics View 427 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Classified Standing: Students admitted with classified standing will have an undergraduate degree in Physics or other STEM discipline with classes completed in upper-division Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism and Quantum Mechanics
- Conditional Classified Standing: Conditional acceptance means that the candidate must fulfill specific requirements in order to be eligible to apply for advancement to candidacy
- A 2.5 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full time study
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.