Graduates from the Economics MA program offered by University of Lethbridge have gone on the Ph.D. programs in economics as well as working for the Ontario government and for major Canadian banks as financial advisors and managers.
Master’s graduates have numerous career opportunities in industry, non-profit organizations, and the public sector; many pursue further studies at other universities.
Sample areas of employment include:
- banks/credit unions/caise populaires
- transportation companies
- agricultural companies
- management consulting firms
- economic research institutions
- trust companies
- analysis/forecasting firms
- insurance companies
- financial information firms
- real estate agencies
- college teaching
- international institutions (IMF, World Bank, etc.)
- stock exchanges
- international trade companies
- investment dealers
- manufacturing firms
- oil companies
- computer/telecommunication companies
- department stores
- environmental protection agencies
- labour unions
- government departments (all levels)
- utility companies
- statistical research firms
- Axioms of preference
- Utility function
- Utility maximization
- Demand functions (Marshalian)
- Expenditure minimization
- Hicksian demand functions
- Roy’s Identity, Slutsky equation
- Weak and strong axioms of revealed preference
- Measures of consumer welfare
- Compensating and equivalent variations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Actuarial Science View 23 other Masters in Econometrics in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Lethbridge and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Applicants normally must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00
- Demonstrate English language proficiency (ELP) for graduate student
- Secure a potential supervisor (except for Economics major)
International9022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4511 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3982 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1991 CAD per semester during 24 months.
- Domestic: $597/semester
- International: $1353/semester
Living costs for Lethbridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.