Professional Counseling from University of Oklahoma introduces students to:
- Advanced clinical experiences in counseling and counselor supervision
- Ongoing research, writing, publication, and presentation in the counseling profession.
- Membership in national, regional, and state counseling organizations
The 60-hour Clinical Professional Counseling track prepares graduates to counsel in clinical mental health settings, such as mental health agencies, drug abuse treatment centers, child protective services, child counseling clinics, hospitals, geriatric centers, family counseling centers, and private practice.
- Assessment in Counseling
- Professional Issues and Ethics in Counseling
- Occupational Information—Career Development
- Methods and Of Counseling
- Theories and Techniques Of Group Counseling
- Social & Cultural Diversity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducational Psychology Counselling Psychology View 605 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Personal statement
- Provide contact information for 3 recommendations
- Copies of all transcripts
- Official GRE results
- On-campus group interview
- After review and consideration of these materials, selected applicants will be invited for an on-campus group interview, comprising of 10-12 applicants in a group.
- The group interview will be facilitated by up to two counseling faculty, and is informal in nature.
- Applicants will be given the opportunity to talk about themselves and their aspirations about being future counselors
International40120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20060 USD per semester during 24 months.
Tuition for national students is $334.75 per credit hour.
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.