The Applied Human Nutrition program of University of Guelph conducts applied and inter-professional research that encompasses the continuum of the life cycle in diverse settings, including public health, the community, and clinical settings.
The field of Applied Human Nutrition (AHN) offers a MSc and a PhD, which involve a combination of course work and a research thesis. In the case of a PhD, the completion of a qualifying exam is also required.
Graduate students have opportunities to conduct independent research from inception to analysis in community, lab and clinical settings using nutrition, epidemiological and/or social science methodologies.
Are you interested in:
- Community nutrition
- Clinical nutrition
- Nutrition throughout the lifespan
- Physical activity and sports nutrition
- Chronic disease risk
- Indigenous health
- Food security
- International nutrition
- Public health nutrition
- Sports nutritionist
- Nutrition program manager
- Research coordinator
- Regional/Public/International health agencies
- Regulatory affairs
- UN agencies
- Nutrition in the Community
- Research Seminar
- Special Topics in Applied Human Nutrition
- Advances in Clinical/Nutritional Assessment
- Practicum in Applied Human Nutrition
- Foodservice Management in Healthcare
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 248 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
- An honours bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- A minimum 75% average in the last 2 years of study
- Grades of at least 75% in applied statistics and social science research methods courses
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National6412 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3206 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.