The Nuclear Engineering master’s degree program is designed to provide training and expertise in the design of nuclear energy systems, us of nuclear technology for medical as well as industrial applications. Both thesis and without thesis options are available for M.S. degree program with a minimum of 30 credit hours required for successful completion. Research areas of specialization include:
- Reactor design and safety
- Thermal hydraulics
- Radiation effects
- Radiation dosimetry, protection and health physics
- Radiation transport and shielding
- Space nuclear power
- Materials for nuclear applications
- Nuclear fuel cycle
- Radioactive waste management
- Radiation imaging and its applications in medicine and industry
- Radiation measurements and spectroscopy
It is the policy of the Missouri University of Science and Technology to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status; to prohibit discrimination in recruitment, employment or conditions of employment, including salary and benefits related thereto; to promote employment opportunity and to take affirmative action in this regard.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Reactor Physics
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle
- Nuclear Materials
- Reactor Kinetics
- Introduction to Nuclear Thermal Hydraulics
- Probabilistic Risk Assessment
- Nuclear Radiation Measurements and Spectroscopy
- Radiological Engineering
- Advanced Nuclear Medical Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority Application Deadlines
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering View 121 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United States
- A submitted online application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges and universities attended. All unofficial copies of transcripts and scores can be uploaded to your online application for S&T to review. Upon arrival on campus, you must request that an official copy of your transcript(s) to be sent to us directly from your previous university’s registrar's office and all official scores reported directly from the respective testing agency. Once we receive the official documents, we will verify them. If there are any discrepancies between the unofficial documents you submitted, Missouri S&T will withdraw your admission and you will not be allowed to apply to S&T in the future.
- A statement of purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International23520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23520 USD per year during 12 months.
National22170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22170 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Missouri City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.