The Physics program offered by University of Nevada, Reno is intended to provide a broad treatment of fundamental physics as well as an introduction to specialized physics research topics. Students completing the program would be expected to be prepared to undertake physics research at the doctoral level.
Our program prepares students for careers from basic research, teaching, medicine, engineering, law, or a myriad of other careers where problem solving skills are valued.
Current "hot topics" are energy and fusion research, astrophysics, atmospheric physics, lasers, plasmas, optics, nano-technology, biophysics and radiation.
Physics grads may also pursue patent law, bio technology research or many other seemingly unrelated areas because of their problem solving skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Quantum Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Plan A (with thesis): 30 credits
- Plan B (without thesis): 32 credits
DisciplinesPhysics View 398 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Online application
- Official transcripts from every institution attended for a complete history of your education
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- A bachelor's degree from an institution offering an approved major in physics (as defined by the American Institute of Physics).
- Completion of regular junior-senior courses in classical mechanics, magnetism, thermal and statistical physics, and quantum mechanics.
- An average grade of 3.0 or better in all physics and mathematics courses, and an overall average of 3.0 or better in all undergraduate courses.
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.