Communication and Rhetorical Studies from Syracuse University has a strong academic research focus and is ideal if you plan to go on to pursue doctoral-level education.
Graduates with Communication and Rhetorical Studies from Syracuse University will:
- Analyze communicative acts
- Describe and evaluate key communication theories
- Design, execute and write an original research project
- Recognize, analyze, and critique systems of power and diversity as manifest in self, other, and society locally and globally
- Language, Interaction, and Culture
- Contemporary Theories of Rhetoric
- Language & Meaning
- Communication & Community
- Rhetoric and Philosophy
- Communication and Cosmopolitan Studies
- Communication, Power & Gender
- Intercultural Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Languages General Studies & Classics View 183 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement/essay.
- Additional writing sample. Include a sample of strong academic writing (no more than 10 pages), which should be uploaded directly to the online application.
- Resume. Upload directly to the online application.
- Application fee. A non-refundable application fee of $75. See online application for details.
- Test scores. The GRE is required for admission into the communication and rhetorical studies graduate program. Please submit official scores through ETS. Syracuse University's institutional code is 2823. A department code is not necessary.
International31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 12 months.
National31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.