Through a combination of an advanced level of business management and economics in relation to engineering knowledge, you will be trained to analyse, understand and skilfully manage innovation processes in companies and other areas of society. The Management and Economics of Innovation programme is offered at the Chalmers University of Technology.
Innovation processes present challenges and opportunities for a range of different organisations, such as established firms, new entrepreneurial firms, universities and government agencies. Industry, as well as society, therefore need managers and employees who not only have scientific and engineering training but who also have acquired a thorough understanding of the innovation process and how it can be handled in a financially successful way.
At the intersection between technology, management and economics, the overall purpose of the programme is to train you to skilfully analyse and manage innovation and renewal. After having completed the programme, you should be able to:
- Analyse and understand how and why innovations, technical and scientific information and knowledge interact with market and economic forces.
- Identify, formulate and solve problems related to innovation and renewal activities involving technological, economic, organisational and institutional change.
- Handle and execute strategies and practical implementation for innovation and renewal by applying state-of-the-art research and management methods and tools.
- Lead, interact and communicate with qualified professionals within and outside their own organisations and/or their own knowledge field.
Together with committed teachers, that include you as a student in their research and students from both industrial economy and the field of engineering, this programme creates a base for developing yourself and your ability to lead and develop organisations.
Future career opportunities will primarily be found in the business sectors, including large multinational firms as well as small technology- based firms. Examples of occupations include management consultancy, technology/industry analysis, project management, product development, R&D management, business development, corporate venturing, hi-tech entrepreneurship and venture capital. Interesting job opportunities also exist in government policy-making agencies, non- government organisations, universities and institutions commercialising science and technology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technological change and economic transformation
- Managing development projects
- Strategic management
- Creating new business
- Quality management
- Management of physical distribution
- Idea evaluation
- Intellectual property and innovation strategies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Innovation Management View 30 other Masters in Economics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor´s degree (or the equivalent) with a Major in Industrial Engineering and Management or an Engineering Discipline.
- Prerequisites: Mathematics (at least 30 credits, including Mathematical Statistics at least 7,5 credits). Studies in one or several of the following subjects: Organization theory, Project management, Management, Innovation management, Business administration and/or Economics (at least 15 credits).The required 15 credits may include maximum 7.5 credits of Sustainable development.
- Preferable course experience: Linear algebra, Single variable analysis and Multivariable analysis.
International13519 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13519 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 140 000 SEK/ academic year;
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.