The Finance program offered by University of Nevada, Reno is designed to be a terminal degree for those looking to pursue a career in private or public sector after program completion.
Graduates with M.S. in Finance from University of Nevada, Reno will gain:
- The ability to value financial assets such as stocks, bonds, and derivatives using current valuation methods.
- A strong understanding of how to evaluate capital budgeting projects.
- The ability to construct efficient portfolios.
- A comprehensive understanding of how markets work according to the Efficient Market Hypothesis.
While the Finance field is highly competitive, students may typically begin careers in industries such as wealth management, trusts, and banking in positions such as a financial advisor or financial or research analyst.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Economics of the Firm
- Financial Management
- Research Methods of Finance
- Investment Management
- International Finance
- Financial Management Theory and Practice
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Commercial Bank Management
- Corporate Treasury Management
- Real Estate Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance View 562 other Masters in Finance in United States
The Finance faculty requires each new graduate to satisfy the following program pre-enrollment requirements:
- Microcomputer proficiency: Students should be knowledgeable of microcomputer operating systems, word processing, spreadsheet and electronic communication applications (i.e. e-mail, electronic databases and the internet) prior to enrollment in the program.
- Proficiency in English: If an international student’s verbal score on the GMAT, TOEFL, or other evaluation measure is below an acceptable level, a student may be required to enroll in English language development classes either prior to enrollment in the program or during the first semester of his/her academic program.
- A baccalaureate (or an advanced) degree from an accredited four-year institution; any major is acceptable.
- The MSF program requires a four-year degree program to be considered for admission. International students applying with a three-year degree will not be considered.
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.