The business curriculum prepares future physicians for the business complexities related to running a private medical practice or heading a group practice, preparing medical students for careers in health management, leadership and policy.
The MD/MBA Dual degree program at University of Miami adds an additional year to the four-year medical school curriculum. The MBA coursework ranges from financial reporting and corporate strategy to the legal aspects of health administration.
MD MBA Dual degree candidates have the option of choosing a Research Track (project-based, which provides practical, hands-on experience) or an Elective Track (provides business electives).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Foundations of Management Information Systems
- Critical Thinking and Effective Speaking
- Career Development and Enrichment
- Research Project
- Managerial Decisions in a Global Economy
- Valuation and Financial Decision Making
- Statistics for Managerial Decision Making
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration View 1196 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
- MD students are eligible to apply to the MD/MBA program during their 3rd year of Medical School and will be required to submit a Full-Time MBA online application and the GMAT to be considered for the program
- The most competitive UM applicants have a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Official Transcripts
- Send official Test Scores: Test scores will only be accepted if they are submitted directly from the testing agency
- Complete the School Report
- Letter(s) or Recommendation
- Conduct updates, if applicable
- Special Programs may ask for additional requirements like a portfolio or/and schedule and audition
- If applicable, submit your financial aid documents
International39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 60 months.
National39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 60 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.