UND offers one of the best literacy education programs in the country, helping educators develop the skills to succeed at the highest level. With our online master's degree in reading education, you'll gain expertise in literacy education, instructional practice and assessment.
M.Ed. vs. M.S. in Reading Education at University of North Dakota
UND offers both Reading Education Master of Education (M.Ed.) and Master of Science (M.S.) degrees. Applicants must hold teaching licensure in early childhood, elementary, middle or secondary education.
- The M.Ed. is for teachers who aim to gain professional knowledge for teaching in the classroom, with an emphasis on literacy, and plan to continue as a certified teacher. You'll advance your overall professional knowledge about curriculum, assessment and instruction with an emphasis on literacy.
- The M.S is for those who aim to support teachers and students in literacy through specialized occupations such as a reading specialist, instructional coach or curriculum developer. The entire program is literacy specific, including two research courses that target topics of study in literacy.
- Reading in the Content Areas
- Writing in the Classroom
- Foundations of Reading Instruction
- Basic Reading Diagnosis/Remediation
- Reading Clinic (co-requisite with T&L 534)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Literature Teaching View 112 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Personal Statement should be 2-3 pages in length and address all three areas below:
- Describe your professional background, especially as it relates to teaching reading, writing, and other areas of reading/language arts.
- What characteristics and strengths do you possess that make you a good candidate for this degree program?
- Discuss your professional goals.
- For the M.S., teacher licensure at one of the following levels: early childhood, elementary, middle or secondary education.
- For the M.Ed., teacher licensure at one of the following levels: early childhood, elementary, middle or secondary education, or a baccalaureate degree in another field of study is required.
International8096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 506 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 506 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.