Why study Economics - International Economics and Development specialisation at Radboud University
- This specialisation pushes your curiosity to understand and evaluate the economic situation in low and middle income countries. You will be taught to look at the bigger picture and to analyse micro-level data. Your analysis will provide information on intra-country or cross-national disparities.
- You will acquire the knowledge and skills to inform both national governments as well as international development organisations, and might lead to programmatic action aimed at bringing about positive changes to people’s lives in the poorest regions of our globe.
- In this specialisation, you will work with one of the world’s largest micro-level database for developing countries. We offer a strong comparative and empirical orientation.
- Economics at Radboud University could be called ‘Economics Plus’: the ‘standard’ economics package is expanded with relevant knowledge from related disciplines such as Political Science, Psychology and Sociology. With this strong theoretical background you will understand not just what is happening, but also why and how.
Upon completing the Master’s programme in International Economics & Development, you will be knowledgeable about recent developments in the field. You will be an up-and-coming professional that is able to:
- Understand and reflect on the international, professional and academic literature in the field of international economics & development.
- Report independently on various issues in international economics and development, including state of the art empirical and theoretical studies.
- Use and apply statistical tools and methods.
- Conduct independent research.
- Present and clearly and consistently defend your views and research outcomes.
- Maintain a critical attitude towards your own work and that of others in your field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods of Empirical Analysis
- International Financial Markets
- Behavioural Economics & Policy
- Pluralisms in Economics
- Culture and Institutions
- Inequality and Development
- Current Issues in International Economics and Business
- Master’s Thesis in International Economics and Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- 1 April: Final deadline
- 1 July: Final deadline
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations International Development View 74 other Masters in International Relations in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Your admission into this programme depends on your previous education. You are admissible if you have a completed:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a similar (or related) field from another research university with a fair number of courses in your preferred specialisation. Your degree must be equivalent to a Dutch Research University diploma.
- Proficiency in English
- Documents: A list of all courses you have taken, are taking and are planning to take including course content, number of hours and literature used.
- Sworn translations of diploma and grades if documents are in a language other than Dutch, English or German.
- A motivation letter. Please describe what you would like to learn and research at Radboud University
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.