Whether you want to join a commercial law firm or become an in-house counsel at a multinational company, or just want to know more about international commercial and economic law, this programme will provide you with the necessary knowledge to achieve your potential.
This International Commercial and Economic Law programme offered by SOAS University of London examines commercial and economic law from an international and comparative perspective. It explores the legal, political and social aspects of commercial and economic law in the common and civilian law systems and covers the developed and developing worlds. It provides students with a solid understanding of the legal context within which multinational enterprises operate and the dynamics of international trade. Similarly, it offers an opportunity to develop critical awareness of international investment law, intellectual property, law of Islamic finance and settlement of international commercial disputes. The modules are taught by leading scholars in the field and guest lectures are delivered by experienced practitioners.
The programme will enable students to:
- Communicate effectively in writing.
- Structure and communicate ideas and arguments effectively both orally and in writing.
- Read and comprehend significant quantities of reading rapidly and effectively and develop critical faculties.
- Find and use a variety of written and digital materials, especially legal materials, in libraries and research institutes.
- Present (non – assessed) material orally.
- Develop teamwork skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Islamic Law in Global Financial Markets
- International Investment Law
- Business and Human Rights in the Global Economy
- Comparative Company Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEconomics International Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 425 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- We will consider all applications with 2:ii (or international equivalent) or higher. In addition to degree classification we take into account other elements of the application including supporting statement and references.
- We understand that the coronavirus has had an impact on the ability of students from many regions to take the IELTS, TOEFL and PTE Academic test, as test centres have been closed. We therefore will be accepting the Duolingo, the LanguageCert and the TOEFL IBT At Home online tests from all International and European applicants for the September 2020 intak
International22550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA15615 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15615 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part Time 2 Years:
- EU/UK: £7,810/year
- Overseas: £11,275/year
Part Time 3 Years:
- EU/UK: £5,205/year
- Overseas: £7,515/year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.