Most students entering the graduate program in architecture come directly from the NDSU pre-professional Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies program. The curriculum includes field trips to cities across the country and is supported by a professionally-staffed wood shop, digital media labs, and laser cutters and 3D printing for model-making. Both traditional and digital media are emphasized. An optional semester abroad, plus foreign study tours during summers are offered.
In the United States, most registration boards require a degree from an accredited professional degree program as a prerequisite for licensure.
The National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB), which is the sole agency authorized to accredit professional degree programs in architecture offered by institutions with U.S. regional accreditation, recognizes three types of degrees: the Bachelor of Architecture, the Master of Architecture, and the Doctor of Architecture. A program may be granted an eight-year, three-year, or two-year term of accreditation, depending on the extent of its conformance with established educational standards.
- Architectural Detailing
- Environmental Control Systems: Passive Principles
- Environmental Control System: Active System
- Urban Design
- Architectural Design V
- Architectural Design VI
- International Design
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArchitecture View 305 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- Online application and non-refundable $35 application fee are required
- A statement of purpose is required for admission consideration and must be uploaded to your online application
- Three (3) letters of recommendation are required from persons familiar with your academic achievements
- Submit one official transcript from each college or university at which you have been enrolled or are currently enrolled. Include both undergraduate and graduate course work, as well as continuing education credits (if applicable).
- All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship or residency, must demonstrate proficiency with the English language before they will be considered for admission to a graduate program.
International839 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 839 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
National719 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 719 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
In-State480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.