About this Degree
It affords students the requisite professional knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform as interaction designers. The Interaction and User Experience Design program at the University of Kansas is developed for prospective students who already hold a related baccalaureate degree and who are seeking advanced study in a versatile, rapidly growing professional design discipline. Courses are offered at both the Lawrence and Edwards campuses to accommodate the needs of working professionals.
Interaction Design is the activity of researching and fashioning products, services, and systems that are useful, usable, and desirable to people. Interaction Design offers a human-centered approach to innovation, creatively mediating how businesses engage with customers and how brands and entire organizations can become more relevant in the marketplace. Broadly speaking, interaction design is the activity of defining the contextual behavior of artifacts, environments, and systems.
Applicants to the Interaction and User Experience Design concentration should have at least two years of full-time professional work experience in design or in a related field.
The Master’s student in Interaction and User Experience Design should evidence the ability to conduct original design research, translate research insights into actionable design inputs, and produce an interactive artifact of relevance and quality.
- History and Philosophy of Design
- Advanced Human Factors in Design
- Advanced Design Methods
- Service and User Experience Design
- Design Scenarios and Simulations
- Interaction Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign User Experience Design View 645 other Masters in Design in United States
- Graduate Application Fee
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Statement of design philosophy and approach
- One unofficial copy of the transcript where the undergraduate degree was confirmed, and one copy of the transcript where any graduate degree/credit was earned (if applicable)
- Three recommendations from people in a position to comment on your abilities and performance
- A portfolio of your design work, or samples of written or other creative artifacts you have produced if your prior education or training was not in a design-related discipline.
- Students must be in good standing with their graduate degree program in order to participate in the certificate program. A graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred for admission.
International25642 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25642 USD per year during 12 months.
National25642 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25642 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11680 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.