Faculty members are active researchers collaborating and consulting in research projects and initiatives at the Medical Center, in addition to pursuing their own research agendas and participating in curricular instruction. Expertise in the department includes linear, nonlinear, and longitudinal modeling; clinical trial and experimental design; survival analysis; categorical data analysis; robust statistics; psychometric methods; and Bayesian methodology.
The master's program in Biostatistics at University of Kansas produces graduates that are prepared to function as biostatisticians or biostatistical consultants. Therefore, graduates gain an extensive understanding of biostatistical theory and practice and should be proficient in the application of statistical methods to one or more areas in the health sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professionalism, Ethics and Leadership in the Statistical Sciences
- Statistical Computing/SAS Base
- Experimental Design
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Linear Regression
- Mathematical Statistics
- Collaborative Research Experience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Statistics View 409 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- A bachelor's degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or applied mathematics from a regionally accredited institution documented by submission of an official transcript indicating the degree has been conferred before entering the program.
- A cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the bachelor's degree.
- An official copy of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score
- Letter grade of B or better in Calculus I, II, & III
- Successful completion of at least one of the following courses: linear algebra, differential equations, numerical analysis.
- Successful completion of a course in any computer programming language or demonstration of mastery via credentials or work experience.
- Research experience
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A personal statement regarding your interest in biostatistics and in biomedical research.
- A personal interview is required of all applicants who meet the minimum admissions standards.
International19322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19322 USD per year during 12 months.
National18017 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18017 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7546 USD per year during 12 months.
- Annual tuition for 18 credits
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.