Innovation In Pedagogic Services
If you want to make a contribution to these contemporary social challenges involving the relationship between children and youth and their guardians and educators, this might be the Master's for you.
In this programme you will learn how to research issues surrounding children and youth, and contribute to the drafting of new policies that can improve their position, welfare and development.
- the quality of pedagogical and educational services, such as childcare, youth care, schools and sports clubs;
- how to look at pedagogy that addresses societal issues such as cultural diversity, inclusion, and social justice;
- how to use academic pedagogical knowledge in intercultural, interdisciplinary, and international collaboration;
- professional practice in relation to initiatives undertaken by civil society and youth themselves.
Developing An International Vision
We will also be looking beyond our borders. After all, global developments (such as globalisation, poverty and migration) have had a major impact on the quality of life for children and youth. And we will also be analysing pedagogical services through an international lens:
- What frameworks are used in setting up youth care in the Netherlands compared to countries outside of Europe?
- How can the UN’s Convention on the Rights of the Child be given shape in youth policy worldwide?
This programme leads to the Master of Science (MSc) diploma and the NVO registration as Educationalist (basis pedagoog). After receiving your diploma, you can work in various types of jobs.
Past experience has shown that students who have completed this programme are well prepared for a job as a junior researcher or PhD candidate.
Transition To The Labour Market
The Master’s programme in Youth, Education and Society prepares you for professions
- that involve the development of pedagogical policy;
- that put pedagogical support and advice centre stage;
- that research pedagogical themes;
- that analyse and use pedagogical knowledge in conjunction with other disciplines.
Accredited by the NVAO - Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Paradigms & Practices
- Global Perspectives and Cultural Diversity
- Academic Professional
- Perspectives on Cultural Diversity and Social Inclusion in Education
- Prevention: Perspectives and Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Social Work Sociology View 61 other Masters in Sociology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An academic Bachelor’s degree. Our International Students Admission’s office will verify whether a non-Dutch academic degree is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree at a Dutch research university. All international Bachelor’s degrees are evaluated based on standards set by the NUFFIC.
- If your degree is assessed as less than equivalent to a 3-year Dutch research University degree, or as a bachelor from a university of applied sciences, you are most likely not eligible for admission.
- Sufficient command of the English Language
- Motivation that fits the aim of this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17280 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17280 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.