The Psychology - Specialist in School Psychology graduate program at Illinois State University is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists, the Council for Accreditation for Educator Preparation, and the Illinois State Board of Education.
We provide our students with comprehensive curriculum, high quality training, and properly supervised field experiences that are consistent with NASP Standards for Graduate Preparation of School Psychologists. The mission of the specialist program, which emphasizes the scientist-practitioner model of training, is to develop entry-level competencies in our graduates so they can function as school psychologists in public and private schools. The specialist degree can be completed in three years with full time enrollment on campus for two years and a 9-month internship.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Research Experience In School Psychology
- Advanced Behavior Modification
- Theory And Practice Of Cognitive Assessment
- Social Emotional And Behavioral Assessment And Intervention
- Academic Assessment And Intervention
- Psychoeducational Assessment And Intervention
- Psychosocial Assessment And Intervention
- Statistics: Data Analysis And Methodology
- Seminar In Developmental Psychology
- Brain And Behavior Relationships
- Legal, Ethical, And Professional Issues In School Psychology
- Theories And Techniques Of Counseling: Children And Adolescents
- Internship In Industrial And Organizational-social
- First Year Fieldwork In School Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Psychology View 263 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
Include a personal statement that addresses the following:
- Professional and career goals
- Factors that influenced your decision to enter a helping profession
- Why you selected the specialist program in School Psychology
- Why you should be admitted to the specialist program
- Your expectations for professional training in school psychology
Have completed at least 21 hours of undergraduate psychology courses that include general psychology, experimental psychology or research methods, and psychological statistics. Applicants should have a proficiency in math based on a passing grade in finite math or Precalculus, a grade of B or better in psychological statistics
International17651 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17651 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National17651 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17651 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9676 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.