The curriculum of this Public Administration (M.P.A.) program at Pennsylvania State University blends theoretical and applied concepts and assures “real-world” experiences for the novice administrator. In addition, it requires that students devote attention to general professional development. The M.P.A. program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
- Students will learn the most advanced theories and research methods in the general areas of public administration, public policy, and governance and at least one specialization area of study of their choice (e.g., criminal justice, healthcare, homeland security, nonprofit management, human resource management, performance management, data analytics).
- Students will gain experience in conducting research and producing knowledge in working with faculty members on faculty research projects.
- Students will gain experience in presenting the results of their studies by presenting at professional and academic conferences and publishing in scholarly journals, with their professors, with other students, and/or individually.
- Students who seek academic careers will be given opportunities to learn teaching skills and gain teaching experience during their education in the program.
- Students will learn the professional ethical norms of public administration and policy analysis and the ethical norms of conducting academic research; they will be expected to abide by these norms while they are students in the program and beyond.
- Public Organization and Management
- Governmental Fiscal Decision Making
- Research Methods
- Human Resources in the Public and Nonprofit Sectors
- Public Policy Analysis
- Organization Behavior
- Data Analysis for Policy and Administration
- Public Information Management and Technology
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Administration Human Resource Management Data Science & Big Data View 489 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- a completed application with the nonrefundable application fee;
- official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended;
- a statement of career and educational goals;
- a successful undergraduate record with a grade-point average of 3.00 (either as the cumulative GPA or for the last 60 hours of relevant course work);
- satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or Law School Admission Test (LSAT) if the GPA is less than 3.0; and
- recommendations from three references.
International39248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39248 USD per year during 18 months.
National23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23082 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Middletown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.