The learning and instruction emphasis applies the study of cognitive psychology to research on learning and instruction in applied settings like schools. The course of study provides a strong foundation in psychological theory, principles related to instructional applications, and quantitative methodology.
The measurement emphasis applies cognitive psychology and theories of measurement to test design, instrument construction, scale analysis, and measurement theory. The Educational Psychology program emphasizes the use of rigorous quantitative methodology in the scientific study of learning, instruction, and measurement in applied settings.
Typically this Educational Psychology program prepares individuals for professions in universities, research institutions, government agencies, and industry. Individuals interested in more clinical applications of psychology, such as counseling psychology or school psychology should contact those specific graduate programs in the Pennsylvania State University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning Processes in Relation to Educational Practices
- Principles of Measurement
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Statistical Applications in Educational Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducational Psychology View 291 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Applicants are required to submit scores from the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) verbal, quantitative, and analytic writing. Successful applicants typically score above 500 on both Verbal and Quantitative on the GRE, or above 153 on Verbal and above 144 on the Quantitative sections of the revised GRE.
- All international applicants must take and submit scores for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- International applicants are exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement who have received a baccalaureate or a graduate degree.
International39720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National39720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State23928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23928 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.