Safety in the Food Chain from University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (BOKU) is structured into 3 Modules and a Master thesis of 30 ECTS credits each. The first module is Module A and consists of basic lectures and exercises in the area of food science. Module B deals with special subjects in the fields of food safety. Students choose two modules B, in which one has to be obtained at a partner university. The master thesis can be absolved at every SIFC-University. This individual structure of the MSc SIFC offers a new international perspective for students and facilitates movement between different universities.
Graduates with Safety in the Food Chain from University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (BOKU) will:
- gain special knowledge in the area of food safety, risk identification, risk assessment, and risk communication.
- gain practical skills in the area of food safety, risk identification, risk assessment, and risk communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Safety Aspects of Plant Biotechnology
- Automatic Identification Technology in Food Industry
- Food Safety in Livestock Feeding
- Food Packaging Technology
- Specific and Emerging Topics in Food Microbiology
- Human Safety in Food Processing
- National and International Food Safety Authorities
- Molecular Epidemiology of Food-Borne Pathogens
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Applicationform
- evidence of previous studies (bachelor degree, diploma)
- transcript stating subjects, marks, ECTS and contens of teaching
- Evidence of adequate proficiency of English (for English-language Master programmes)
- evidence of adequate proficiency in German A2 or C1
- Adequate English proficiency: Level B2/C1/ Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English/ Evidence of adequate proficiency of English - IELTS Academic results 6.0 or better and TOEFL (paper based 577 or computer-based 233 or 90-91 internet based)
- Fulfillment of the special University entrance qualification
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 726 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 363 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.