In addition, you will acquire techniques such as Machine Learning and Deep Learning, and you will develop skills in the areas of data mining, text mining, online data collection, data processing and programming. The theoretical insights and programming skills that you gain during the Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence program offered at Tilburg University , enable you to understand artificial intelligence, optimize learning systems and develop new intelligent applications.
Program and courses
- Based on theoretical insight and programming skills, you learn to understand artificial intelligence, optimize learning systems and develop new intelligent applications.
- Discover how human cognition and artificial intelligence relate to each other. You study processes regarding attention, visual and auditory perception, memory, language use and decision making.
- Gain practical experience with the latest techniques to create an attractive professional profile for the job market. In the DAF Technology Lab you employ virtual and augmented reality applications and persuasive and sensing technology. Furthermore, you acquire recent data-driven methods in digital content analysis, such as data mining, data visualization and natural language processing.
With a specialization in Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence from Tilburg University, you have profound knowledge of human cognition and communication, and the creative and technical skills to design artificial intelligence solutions. As such the program provides excellent opportunities to contribute to advancements in working fields like artificial intelligence and robotics, data science, data mining, and knowledge technology, and decision making.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Senior Language Technologist at CLS Communication
- Professional Services Consultant at Teradata
- Software Engineer at Nspyre
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Data Visualization
- Attention, Perception and Memory
- Cognitive Models of Language Learning
- Computer Games
- Data driven Design
- Data Mining for Business and Governance
- Deep Learning
- Health Analytics
- Human Robot Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Risk Communication and Uncertainty
- Social Signal Processing
- Statistics and Methodology
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 30 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You are certainly eligible to apply if you have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, such as general Communication Studies, Linguistics, or a modern language.
- However, the academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
- You need to demonstrate proficiency in English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14900 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2205 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2205 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
FundingPartner Scholarships Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences (TSHD)
- Tuition fee waiver (25%) for non-EU students of partner universities of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.