The Social and Economic Data Science programme of the University of Konstanz is tailored for students with a BA degree in the behavioural and social sciences, and a proven interest in quantitative and computational methods. The modular structure of the programme covers the methodological, mathematical, computational and statistical foundation of data science, advanced computational and statistical methods, programming and scripting, and applications to question of crucial interest in economics, political science, psychology and sociology. The departments involved offer many opportunities for student exchanges, internships and collaborations with ongoing research projects. The programme's broad methodological and substantive scope prepares the students for a rapidly growing job market for data scientists in industry, government, NGOs and academia.
The acquired skills will enable our graduates to work for polling firms and market research institutes, in online marketing, as political advisors or consultants. Some graduates have decided to strive towards a doctoral degree, while others have found positions at Start-Ups a well as international companies, such as:
- Blackwood Seven
- GfK Zürich
- Haufe-Lexware Services GmbH & Co. KG
- KNIME AG
- Lufthansa Industry Solutions
- Steadforce GmbH
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computation for the Social Sciences
- Data Science
- Linear Algebra
- Big Data Management and Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 48 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Germany
- An above average Bachelor's degree, at least corresponding to the German grade 2,5 (good) in Economics, Mathematics/Statistics, Political Science, Computer Science, Sociology or Psychology.
- Please include a curriculum vitae in English as well as a one-page statement of purpose written in English showing your suitability and motivation for pursuing the Master's programme.
- Two letters of recommendation from university teachers who are able to comment on your suitability and motivation for participating in the Master's programme.
- Although not mandatory, results of the GRE test are desirable if you did not complete your undergraduate degree in Germany.
- You will need to provide evidence of knowledge from at least two focus areas, acquired in at least three courses during your Bachelor’s degree, as listed below.
International3328 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1664 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Konstanz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.