The Analytical and Forensic Science programme offered by the University of South Wales focuses on cutting edge research, the latest analytical techniques, and transferable and professional skills that will prepare you to practise as a professional analytical or forensic scientist.
The MSc Analytical and Forensic Science is building a reputation for producing excellent scientists and highly sought-after graduates. Our postgraduates have been offered employment in some of the most prestigious companies in the UK and Europe, in fields ranging from analytical toxicology to forensic DNA analysis.
There are many exciting employment opportunities in the analytical and forensic science sector. Key recruitment areas are DNA profiling, analytical chemistry and toxicological analysis. In these competitive fields, a postgraduate qualification will really make you stand out from the crowd. We have had an excellent response to the MSc analytical and forensic science from science companies across the UK. Major national companies regularly contact the University specifically asking for our MSc Analytical and Forensic Science graduates to apply for positions with them.
The MSc graduates have been offered employment in toxicology, DNA and forensic science companies across the UK. An MSc award in Analytical and Forensic Science will demonstrate to employers the highest level of achievement and training.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced DNA analysis
- Analytical Techniques and Quality in the Forensic Laboratory
- Analytical toxicology
- Interpretation, evaluation and presentation of casework
- Advanced crime scene and evidence analysis
- Project design, management and enterprise
- Laboratory research project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Forensic Science Criminology View 188 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 BSc (Hons) degree in either a course accredited by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences in forensic science, forensic chemistry, forensic biology, or, forensic investigation.
- Applications from students holding a 2:2 BSc (Hons) degree, which includes chemistry are invited, other applicants will be considered on an individual basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time UK: £1000 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.