Graduates of the Economics and Finance MA program at the University of Alberta have success finding jobs in a variety of public and private sector organizations including the provincial and federal governments, the Competition Bureau of Canada, TransAlta, ATB Financial, and the Bank of China.
Graduates of the MA programs who continue their education enter PhD programs in Economics and Finance at a number of universities, including the Universities of Alberta, Calgary, Toronto, and Western Ontario. Graduates from out PhD program have found positions at Mount Royal University, MacEwan University, Wilfred Laurier University, and the University of Regina as well as provincial and federal governments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Econometrics
- Environmental, Natural Resource, and Energy Economics
- Monetary and Financial Economics
- International and Development Economics
- Labour and Education Economics
- Industrial Organization and Regulatory Economics
- Public Economic and Law and Economics
- Health Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 49 other Masters in Economics in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.