The Human Nutrition program at the University of Alberta is a unique department, the first of its kind in North America. AFNS integrates many disciplines across Agriculture, Food and Nutrition. AFNS achieves excellence in the discovery and dissemination of knowledge with the goal of improving the health and quality of life.
Disciplines range from primary production and biotechnology in plant and animal sciences, via innovative food and agri-food products, to human nutrition and wellness.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Individual Study
- Advanced Study of Food Fermentations
- Processing of Milk and Dairy Products
- Muscle Food Science and Technology
- Rangeland Plant Communities of Western Canada
- Science and Technology of Cereal and Oilseed Processing
- Applied Bioinformatics
- Renewable Biomaterials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 19 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time studyequivalent) is required.
International7680 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7680 CAD per year during 24 months.
National3759 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3759 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.