The faculty consists of professionally and academically qualified personnel, each with many years of experience in different aspects of the Learning Design and Technology field.
The backgrounds and experiences of the faculty complement each other so that the department can offer a strong and respected instructional and research program. As one graduate wrote on a survey asking about experience in the Learning Design and Technology program, "The biggest strength [of the program] is the LTEC faculty at University of Hawaii at Manoa. They get along well and work as a team. They truly care about the students and the growth of the program. The 'networking' is evidence of this."
CareersThere is no single job title for learning design and educational technologists in organizations, but some examples include:
- Training coordinator
- Instructional designer
- Web or multimedia designer
- Technology support specialist
- Distance learning developer
- Educational video producer
- Technology director
- Museum education specialist
- Education software/games developer
- Technology coordinator
- Evaluation and assessment specialist
- Human performance technologies manager
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Teaching/Training Technologies
- Instructional Design and Development
- Theory and Practice in Educational Technology
- Ed Tech Research & Evaluation
- Instructional Design & Technology Practicum
- Seminar in Technology Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Fully structured
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation Computer Sciences Teaching View 786 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- To be eligible, an applicant must hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education. At minimum, the applicant needs to demonstrate above average academic performance (B average, usually a 3.0 on a 1.0-4.0 scale) for undergraduate course work and for any post-baccalaureate or graduate course work.
- Because the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, admission is competitive. Meeting minimum admissions standards does not guarantee admission.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.