It is particularly dedicated to addressing the work-force needs of agencies that serve families and communities. Moreover, the MSW curriculum emphasizes social work practice at the advanced level in rural communities.
There are two program options for students meeting the admission requirements outlined below. The Traditional Option requires 60 semester hours for students with a baccalaureate degree in any field and may be taken full or part-time.
The Advanced Standing Option requires 33 semester hours for students who have earned a bachelor of social work (BSW) degree from an accredited social work program and who have fulfilled the additional admission requirements outlined below. The Advanced Standing Option may be taken full or part-time as well.
All program options require students to complete SWRK 661 as a capstone course prior to graduation. This course integrates the entire curriculum in a comprehensive practice experience. Students are required to pass a comprehensive examination, the Practice Readiness Exam, prior to graduation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cultural Competency in Social Work Practice
- Group Dynamics in Social Work Practice
- Foundation Field Practicum I
- Generalist Social Work Practice
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSocial Work Coaching Counselling View 353 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Application and Fee: Submit an application with a $95 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university;
- Original copy/copies of transcripts/marksheets in English for evaluation by the Graduate School (must be supplied by the institution)
- Transcripts are evaluatedby the Graduate School
- NOTE: any international transfer work requires an external evaluation by a NACES member institution; students are responsible for having this evaluation completed (only needed if the students wants to transfer graduate credit from a non-US institution)
International1924 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 962 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 899 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State1214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 607 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.