The M.A. program in Communication offered by the University at Buffalo is designed to train students for doctoral study in communication processes upon graduation. The program emphasizes the social scientific study of the communication process, with coursework focusing on communication theory and research methodologies.
The program does not have formal tracks in the traditional areas that are typical of speech or mass communications programs. Rather, students are encouraged to focus their studies along the lines of the research interests of the faculty.
Graduate students are given an innovative educational experience that emphasizes:
- a broad theoretical understanding of communication
- an in-depth understanding of communication research methodologies
- experience in the practical application of communication theory and research
More informationVisit official programme website
- Proseminar in Communication Theory and Research
- Communication Theories
- Applied Theory-Testing
- Galileo Theory & Method
- Mass Communication Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
Domestic student applications are processed until classes begin in the fall.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 557 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Three letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcript(s) from every institution you have previously attended (official transcripts will be required after acceptance)
- A personal statement that explains your background, educational and career aims, and reasons for applying to this department
- Two writing samples (term papers, published articles, or convention papers)
- Official GRE score report (less than 5 years old)
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.