The Public Health program, accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), is offered on WKU’s campus and in a fully online format. Beyond the required core courses, MPH students work in partnership with their advisor to select electives and tailor a program that meets their professional and academic goals related to public health.
The MPH program is competency-based and focuses on applied and integrative learning. Students are required to successfully complete and defend a capstone project, which could include a thesis, prior to graduation.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) prepares students of all backgrounds to be productive, engaged, and socially responsible citizen-leaders of a global society. The University provides research, service and lifelong learning opportunities for its students, faculty, and other constituents. WKU enriches the quality of life for those within its reach.
The Master of Public Health (M.P.H) is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social and behavioral sciences
- Public health administration
- Environmental health
- Research method
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Health View 3585 other Masters in Education in United States
- GRE minimums of 145 verbal, 148 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical writing score; OR
- cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2 on 4.0 scale from a regionally-accredited US institution of higher education; OR
- current enrollment in a regionally-accredited US medical school or doctoral program; OR
- graduation from a regionally-accredited US medical school, master's, or doctoral program; OR
- cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on 4.0 scale from a regionally-accredited US institution of higher education and a minimum of three years of professional public health experience.
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 24 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.