At this Business Administration - Leadership and Change Management MSc programme from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam you will acquire evidence-based knowledge about the complexities of (planned) strategic interventions from multiple perspectives and in various settings including private companies, public organizations, and large-scale institutions.
All of the courses offered in the Leadership and Change Management specialisation are taught with both macro (e.g., organizational/institutional) and micro (e.g., individual, behavioral) perspectives on the subject matter.
At the same time you will learn about the complexities of implementing change ‘on the ground’, where plans and standard operating procedures usually provide little help and where leaders rise must to the occasion. By learning project management, rhetoric and political skills, and – last but not least – by becoming comfortable with your personal story, growth and vision (as ‘reflective practitioner’), you might learn to become that frontrunner (and, thus, ‘leader’) of change.
You are in the right programme if you are interested in questions such as: How can I make organizations more healthy and successful based on evidence-based practices? What is the best intervention in a given context? How do I manage stakeholders with conflicting interests? How should a leader best ‘pitch’ planned change to gain buy-in from others? How should a leader of change deal with resistance? Is there a way for a leader to improvise and learn from a change experience and still ‘lead’? Is there a way to connect my own story of learning and personal growth with organizational learning and visionary leadership?
- Depending on how you will choose to craft your own career, this programme can ultimately place you as the Chief Officer of Learning, Restructuring, Human Resources, or (in mid- or late career stages) as the CEO.
- The programme will be the kick-off to your career as specialist of both leadership and organizational change that, up to 10 years after graduation, may open doors for you as a project manager, a consultant, or a specialist in organizational transformation or change management, or general management in private, public or large-scale institutions.
Promotion alumni sessions Master’s day
During the Master’s day, you can also meet our (international) alumni during several workshops. In these sessions they will tell you more about career opportunities after finishing your Master’s degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perspectives on Organizational Change
- Intervention & Project Management
- Change Rhetoric and Politics
- Leadership : Advanced Perspectives
- Organizational Change Serious Game
- Behavioral Strategy
- Cross Cultural Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesProject Management Business Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 116 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to gain admission to the programme, you need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 EC or equivalent.
- Copy of your valid passport or ID (only for EU citizens)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Transcript of records
- A description of the courses you have taken during your previous higher education, that are relevant with respect to the ‘admission requirements (with an international degree)’. Don’t forget to mention the main literature used for the courses you took and the number of credits/class hours. Please use this format.
- Thesis (or another sample of academic writing). If your thesis was not written in English, please submit the original with an added summary of about 3 pages in English.
International15546 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15546 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.