In this Business Administration - Leadership and Change Management programme from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam you will acquire evidence-based knowledge about the complexities of (planned) strategic interventions from multiple perspectives and in various settings including private companies, public organizations, and large-scale institutions.
All of the courses offered in the Leadership and Change Management specialisation are taught with both macro (e.g., organizational/institutional) and micro (e.g., individual, behavioral) perspectives on the subject matter.
At the same time you will learn about the complexities of implementing change ‘on the ground’, where plans and standard operating procedures usually provide little help and where leaders rise must to the occasion. By learning project management, rhetoric and political skills, and – last but not least – by becoming comfortable with your personal story, growth and vision (as ‘reflective practitioner’), you might learn to become that frontrunner (and, thus, ‘leader’) of change.
You are in the right programme if you are interested in questions such as: How can I make organizations more healthy and successful based on evidence-based practices? What is the best intervention in a given context? How do I manage stakeholders with conflicting interests? How should a leader best ‘pitch’ planned change to gain buy-in from others? How should a leader of change deal with resistance? Is there a way for a leader to improvise and learn from a change experience and still ‘lead’? Is there a way to connect my own story of learning and personal growth with organizational learning and visionary leadership?
- Depending on how you will choose to craft your own career, this programme can ultimately place you as the Chief Officer of Learning, Restructuring, Human Resources, or (in mid- or late career stages) as the CEO.
- The programme will be the kick-off to your career as specialist of both leadership and organizational change that, up to 10 years after graduation, may open doors for you as a project manager, a consultant, or a specialist in organizational transformation or change management, or general management in private, public or large-scale institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perspectives on Organizational Change
- Intervention & Project Management
- Change Rhetoric and Politics
- Leadership : Advanced Perspectives
- Organizational Change Serious Game
- Behavioral Strategy
- Cross Cultural Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- EU/EEA or Dutch students: 1 June
- Non-EU/EEA students who do not need a study visa and/or a residence permit: 1 June
- Students who need a study visa and/or a residence permit: 1 April.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 88 other Masters in Business Administration in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to gain admission to our Master’s programme, you need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 EC or equivalent. We do not require a GRE or GMAT test score, but we do take into account your motivation, prior relevant work experiences, and any relevant volunteering experiences and/or citizenship behaviors.
International16630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16630 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.