Today’s students face a number of challenges, including bullying and self-esteem issues, relationship problems, drug use and more. These challenges can hinder a student’s academic and personal growth and often warrant outside support and guidance. School counselors play a very important role in ensuring that each student has the best chance at a successful future.
In this School Counseling and Preventive Mental Health program at Creighton University, you’ll learn about the many aspects of child and adolescent development and how to develop strategies to help students cope with their challenges and overcome obstacles. You’ll graduate this program empowered to provide positive and effective leadership to your students and your school.
Build your career in a high-demand field.
There is a desperate need for school counselors across the nation. Employment opportunities for school counselors are expected to grow by 9.7 percent over the next decade. The median annual salary for a school counselor is $54,558.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Orientation to School Counseling
- Ethical Guidelines for School Counselors
- Introduction to the ASCA Model of School Counseling
- Action Research in School Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Counselling View 516 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
- Satisfactory background check
- Notarized felony convictions and mental capacity statements.
International11070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 615 USD per credit during 24 months.
National11070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 615 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.