Artistic development, craft knowledge, and professional presentation are guiding principles. The program is a composite of a total of 36 hours, consisting primarily of writing workshops, including a minimum of one course in techniques, one in literary editing, one in pedagogy, and the remainder in recommended courses or electives. Writers complete a thesis and comprehensive examination. BGSU does NOT require an electronic thesis; ours is paper-based.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Writers' Workshop
- Techniques Course
- Advanced Writer's Workshop
- Pedagogy of Creative Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 272 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required. Please visit the program website for additional information.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents. Please visit the program website for additional information.
International18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9339 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National10688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5344 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.