MIPT was set up on September 17, 1951 by Resolution#3517-1635 of the Soviet Cabinet of Ministers on the basis of the Department of Physics and Technology at the Lomonosov Moscow State University.
The unique “Fiztech System” is one of the best approaches to education, which explains its existence in an almost unchanged form for more that 60 years. Receiving a fundamental education in mathematics and physics and a preliminary acquaintance with the chosen specialization, along with the acquisition of skills in independent work already by the 4th course provides each student with the knowledge and experience of a full scholar. Thus, by the end of the program, students already have significant achievements in their chosen area of activity.
Interdisciplinary Center for Basic Research
Bioinformatics LaboratoryBiomedical Engineering LaboratoryLaboratory of Wave Processes and Controlling SystemsLaboratory of Genetics of Aging and Longevity
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) provides every student with an accommodation in modern houses on the territory of the Campus.
The dormitories are located within a minute walk from all the MIPT facilities and academic buildings. There are two main choices of accommodation for international students. The first type where the rooms are grouped into flats which is fully equipped with all the necessities. All the rooms have private bathrooms, kitchen. The second type is the block system with the common toilet and shower and kitchen in the floor. All types of the dormitories have high speed internet access.
According to the license of the MIPT policlinic, the following types of medical care are provided: physician’s care, surgical, neurological, ophthalmic, dental, gynecological; the following rooms are in operation: procedural, dressing (bandage), massage, electrocardiographic, and clinical diagnostic laboratory.
- Residence Hall No1 is a four-storey hostel of corridor type, situated two minutes from the educational facilities in front of the MIPT dining room.
- At the present time first, second and third-year students of the Department of Innovation and High Technologies reside at Residence Hall No2.
- “Troika” is home for the students of the Department of Aerophysics and Space Research. It is a five-story corridor-type dormitory building.
- “Chetverka” stands out among the other residence halls due to its level of comfort. The building was recently renovated and there is new furniture in the rooms. You have the ability to live here as comfortably as you do at home.
The sports complex is included in the overall MIPT Educational and Research Complex and is used for training in physical education. It is made up of two buildings and a few sports fields.
- Mountain Section of MIPT- Yachting Club of MIPT- Caving Club “Barrier”- Club Comfort.Company
Together with the ISIC Association and British Council IELTS, Studyportals offers you the chance to receive up to £10000 to expand your horizon and study abroad. We want to ultimately encourage you to study abroad in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages.
I think students should choose courses, that they'll need in future.
This place is base for your future life