Contemporary Combinatorics from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) is focused on the modern aspects of combinatorics (discrete mathematics) and its applications in computer science and in the theory of complex networks. Students both study advanced state-of-the-art methods used in discrete mathematics and foster intuition of working with discrete objects and models and do research in various topics of discrete mathematics – either pure or applied.
Graduates with Contemporary Combinatorics from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) will develop/strengthen the following skills:
- The ability to read original research papers on various topics of combinatorial mathematics
- The ability to carry out a supervised research in the area of choice in combinatorics
- The ability to design mathematical models for a real world problems
- The ability to present the results of the research to professional community
- The ability to carry out computational experiments backed by theoretical considerations
- Random graphs
- Advanced graph theory
- Additive Combinatorics
- Computability and complexity
- Artificial Intelligence
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have a basic knowledge of: Algebra, Linear Algebra, Basics of Combinatorics, Calculus, ProbabilityPassport (or ID) copy with registration and visa+ legalization and notarized translation into Russian
- Proof of English proficiency (B2 or equivalent)
- CV (including educational awards, results of academic competitions, and scientific publications)
- Cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Migration card/visa (If you apply online bring these documents to the MIPT Visa & Registration Office upon arrival)
- Bachelor's Degree diploma (with transcripts) + legalization and notarized translation into Russian.
- Visa information & medical insurance
International6070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6070 USD per year during 24 months.
National6070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6070 USD per year during 24 months.
- 435 000 rubles per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.