Eleven economics professorships, a comfortable group size, and optimal student to instructor ratios enable a solid education that prepares you for a research-related profession. The program Economics at the University of Hohenheim also offers the option of acquiring a double Master’s degree.
- Excellent education in economics
- Flexible design of studies
- Excellent career prospects
- Possibility to get an international double Master’s degree
- Reasons to Choose Hohenheim
The Master’s program Economics conveys basic knowledge about the most recent theoretical and empirical approaches in economics. Based on a Bachelor’s program, it offers the possibility of further specialization.
Students of this Master’s program acquire a profound comprehension of the coherencies between economic, social, and political processes. They learn how to apply scientific methods and findings and can therefore work in diverse occupational fields. With this Master’s program, we prepare you for research and management, for the private sector and science.
The Master’s program in Economics prepares for a high-ranking position in various professional areas:
- Research and academic institutions
- Economic research departments in large corporations
- Public service (federal ministries, communities, organizations)
- International organizations (e.g. United Nations, World Bank, European Union, International Monetary Fund, Central Banks)
- Managing positions in the private sector
- Consulting and corporate strategy
- Development assistance
- Banks and financial service providers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Advanced Microeconomics and Game Theory
- Economic History
- Introductory Econometrics
- Optimization in Economic Theory
- Advanced Economic Growth
- Globalization and History
- Topics in Labor Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 73 other Masters in Finance in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and Economics with a standard period of study of at least 3 years, or
- a university degree successfully completed in Germany with a standard period of study of at least 3 years in the area of Economic Science, or
- a Bachelor's degree from a foreign university with a standard period of study of at least 3 years in Management and/or Economics, or
- a Bachelor's degree in an area related to Economic Science, or
- or an equivalent university degree.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.