The Medical Science program of University of Toronto emphasizes hands-on research, rather than coursework. Faculty conduct research in the following areas: cardiovascular sciences, bioethics, neuroscience, membrane biology, respiratory medicine, and psychosomatic medicine. The Institute of Medical Science (IMS) is the graduate unit of choice for MDs seeking training as clinician investigators, and graduates may seek positions as academics and health-care professionals in universities, government, and industry. The IMS participates in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Clinical Investigator Program (CIP).
Under the mentorship of a faculty member, a student receives specialized training and exposure to Toronto's finest multidisciplinary research. Students conduct research in one of six fields: Bioethics; Biomedical Science; Clinical Science; Health Professions Education; Population Health/Health Services; and Radiation Oncology.
More informationVisit official programme website
- An Interdisciplinary Approach to Global Challenges
- Developmental Cardiovascular Physiology
- Advanced Topics in Cardiovascular Sciences
- Topics in Developmental Biology
- Selected Topics in Drug Development
- Interdisciplinary Toxicology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 99 other Masters in Human Medicine in Canada
- An appropriate BSc or an MD degree from a recognized university and academic credentials and background preparation appropriate to the field of study.
- Applicants lacking adequate background in biological, natural, or social sciences may be required to take undergraduate or graduate courses considered necessary to provide a proper basis for their research.
- A- average in the final year of undergraduate study and an A– cumulative average over three of the four total years of study.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in the English language
International31320 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31320 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National10550 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10550 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.