Faculty are committed to promoting practices that facilitate inclusion, empowerment, and self-determination of individuals with disabilities and other special needs in home, school, and community settings.
The mission of the Special Education program at University of British Columbia is to collaboratively engage a range of diversity, expertise, and research endeavors to promote or enhance the learning and well-being of individuals with exceptionalities in home, school, and community settings.
What makes the program unique?
- Only university in the country to offer graduate coursework in special education across all areas of exceptionality.
- Opportunities for practical experiences with a variety of district and community partnerships.
- We offer opportunities for research and funding through faculty partnerships.
- We offer opportunities to change practice for the better through Special Education faculty initiatives.
- Outstanding support through a world-class faculty and staff to guide you on your academic journey!
- Assessment of Learning Difficulties
- Programming for Children with Specific Learning Disabilities
- Classroom Management
- Assessment and Positive Behavioural Support in School and Community Settings
- Survey of Behaviour Disorders in Children and Adolescents
- Interventions for Children and Adolescents with Behaviour Disorders
- Education of Students with Autism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 18 other Masters in Special Education in Canada
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International13604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13604 CAD per year during 24 months.
National7285 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7285 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.