The MSc in Occupational Therapy (Professional Qualification) offered at the University of Limerick is recognised by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists and accredited by the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland and this programme is approved by CORU.
The MSc in Occupational Therapy (Professional Qualification) aims to develop graduates who are able to:
- Demonstrate how the relationship between person, occupation and environment is integral to health and well being
- Design and implement innovate, responsive and evidence-based practice/services
- Establish therapeutic relationships with diverse populations
- Employ the principles of client centred practice
- Engage in clinical reasoning to enable the OT process across a range of practice contexts
- Collaborate with clients, colleagues and communities
- Explain the theoretical underpinnings of OT practice to a range of audiences
- Engage in continuing professional development
- Critique and apply evidence to practice
- Advocate for occupational justice within systems
Graduates will be qualified to practice in Ireland and eligible for registration in other parts of the world. You will be able to work in a diverse range of environments including schools, hospitals and community settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Enquiry in Healthcare
- The Anatomy & Physiology of Human Performance
- Occupational Therapy Approaches to Problems in Human Performance
- Science of Occupation
- Preparation for Practice Education (PPP1)
- Practice Education
- Sociology of Health & Illness for Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Development Through the Lifespan
- Seminar in Professional Practice Issues
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 7 other Masters in Counselling in Ireland
- A completed postgraduate studies application form (online)
- Qualification transcripts and certificates, including certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
- English language qualification if English is not your first language.
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document).
International13951 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13951 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8620 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8620 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.